It is necessary, when it gave a leak, and the seal of the crack did not bring any positive results or when the radiator is so clogged that the engine starts to overheat.
To replace the radiator, you need to purchase a new one, having visually checked it for lack of traces of bumps or visible cracks.
Radiators are available in two types: copper or aluminum. A copper radiator is more expensive, but it is more reliable, both in terms of heat capacity, and in terms of the possibility of repeated repairs.
If an aluminum is purchased to replace the cooling radiator
, Then you need to consider that it needs a new set of nozzles.
Replacing the cooling radiator:
• The cooling liquid is drained, through the plug of the unit or in its absence through the radiator cap. On copper radiators when draining through the radiator cap, two keys must be operated. One hold the threaded part soldered into the radiator, and the second unscrew the plug. Otherwise, it is possible to break off the threaded part from the radiator tank, since it is only soldered there.
• The fan assembly (on motors with electric drive) is removed, first distributing its connector in the wiring.
• The upper and lower radiator connections are available.
• Self-fixing of the radiator.
• The old radiator is removed.
Before installing a new radiator you need to check the seating rubber inserts on which the radiator rests. If they become worthless, they are changed.